My mum brought two pieces of wu xiang tau kwa (After pondering for awhile, I decided to fry the tau kwa and pair it with a chilli sauce for dipping.
This dip is sweet yet tangy, unmistakably spicy yet not overwhelmingly so… 😛
Do give it a try! 🙂
Yummy Chilli Dip (makes 1 dipping plate of sauce as shown below)
- ½ red chilli
- 1 chilli padi
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar (adjust to taste)
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a pinch of salt
- a bit of water (adjust accordingly, optional)
- a bit of cornflour slurry
- Cut off the stalk of the chillies. Wash and dry them.
- Using the pestle and mortar, pound the chillies and garlic.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add vinegar. Bring to a slight boil on low heat.
- Add the sugar, honey and just a pinch of salt.
- If mixture becomes too thick, add water (optional).
- Add cornflour slurry to slightly thicken the dip.