This is another gem from my home-cooked favourites. My mum taught me to make this soup as I’m so fond of it and it’s really easy to make too! Just make sure that the basic soup base is nice and the soup can’t go very wrong. 😀
Glass noodle soup 冬粉汤
- 2 small bundles of glass noodles (soak in water till soft)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons of minced meat
- 3 chicken carcasses
- 250g pork ribs
- 10g dried scallop
- 1 handful dried shrimp
- 1 handful preserved radish (dong cai / 冬菜)
- fish sauce to taste (if still not salty enough)
- 1 soup pot of water (about 3L)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- a couple of dashes ground black pepper
- a dash of sesame oil
- a dash of hua diao jiu
- Blanch chicken bones and pork ribs.
- Rinse the dried scallop and dried shrimp.
- Place the chicken bones, pork ribs, and dried shrimp in a soup bag then put the bag in together with the dried scallop into the soup pot of water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat then simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours.
- Marinate the minced meat and mix the minced meat together with the beaten egg.
- Fry the egg mixture till cooked. Add this to the soup when the soup has simmered long enough and when the soup has been sieved.
- Rinse the preserved radish before adding it to the soup.
- Add the glass noodles when just about to serve.
- Add fish sauce to taste if not salty enough.
Click the link for the full list of soup recipes (with thumbnails).
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂