Cod is one of our favourite fish (we consumer it once or twice a week in our fish porridge), so it was really just a matter of time that I got to air-frying cod. Just grilling it in the air-fryer doesn’t brown cod the way salmon cooks perfectly so I thought since everyone loves fish fingers, I’d make something similar. I eventually decided on making air-fried cod bites because I thought they look cute and are certainly easy to just pop them into the mouth (for adults).
Here’s sharing the simple cod bites recipe!
- 250g cod fillet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g plain flour
- 80g panko/ bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- a couple of dashes of ground white/ black pepper
- a couple of dashes of garlic powder
- Cut the cod fillet into bite size pieces (see note).
- Have two plates ready. In one plate, place the flour. In the other, place the bread crumbs. Mix in the salt, pepper and garlic powder into the bread crumbs. After mixing thoroughly, put the oil into the bread crumbs and mix well till the mixture is crumbly again [do this step only if you are air-frying the cod. If deep-frying, leave out the oil in the bread crumbs].
- Coat the cod pieces in flour, egg then bread crumbs (in that order).
- Preheat air fryer to 180degC. Fry for 13-15min. [If not using an air fryer, just deep fry the cod bites.]
For more fish & seafood recipes, do check out the Fish & Seafood section in this blog for a complete directory of recipes (with thumbnails).
Other cod recipes which might be of interest:
|Teriyaki cod||Ritz crumbed cod||Baked crumbed cod||Cod potato balls|
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂