After all the binging during Chinese New Year, I thought I’d share with you this easy peasy recipe that has been sitting for the longest time in my drafts folder. This simple dish will go well with the whole family, both young and old as it’s soft, silky and hardly needs any chewing.
And the best part about it is that it needs so few ingredients too. As long as you have some spare stock lying in the house (home made or store-bought), eggs and whatever condiments you usually use, this can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes.
Just to show you how wondrously silky the steamed egg is:
It’s almost like tau huay texture as you can see. 🙂
Anyway, here’s the recipe for the silky smooth steamed egg:
- 2 eggs
- 250ml stock (home made or store bought*)
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- a couple of dashes of white pepper
- Whisk two eggs together with the stock. Add the condiments if the stock you are using hasn't been seasoned.
- Sieve the egg-stock combi twice and remove any bubbles you see on the surface when you have placed the mixture in the bowl for steaming.
- Cover the bowl tightly with food grade cling wrap and steam on high fire for 8 minutes.
For more egg dishes, check out the Egg Dishes Index.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂