Want some pie? Well unfortunately for our rumbling tummies, this pie isn’t edible. You can however enrol your 5-6 year old kids for this workshop where the awesome teachers at HeART Studio will guide them in making this piece of work.
In this workshop, the child will be introduced to the Terracotta clay and its characteristics. Using their hands to mould and sculpt the clay, the process allows the child to work on and improve their fine motor skills . Besides sculpting and learning the techniques in using clay, the child will also get to experiment with paints that are suitable to be used with clay to colour in their creation.
If clay’s not your piece of cake (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun), how about canvas painting?
In this workshop, children will learn how to draw forms using shapes and lines. At the same time, they will be taught techniques of painting, mixing of colours and colour harmony and contrast. This painting programme will open a window of experience for the student to try out canvas painting. Personally, I love all the canvas paintings my girl has done at HeART Studio and they are on display in our home!
Of course the March holiday programme isn’t just confined to these two workshops. There are other options for 5-6 year olds as well as for other age groups (click here to view the programme).
HeART Studio is giving away TWO holiday art class passes to my readers (ONE clay class and ONE canvas painting class) – the ones that I’ve introduced above.
If you’d like to win either of these classes, simply leave a comment on this blog post and remember to click ‘I Commented’ in the Rafflecopter widget below to qualify. The rest of the options are optional, but would render you more chances to win!
Also, VERY IMPORTANT to note are the timings of the classes:
Circus Canvas painting: 4.30- 7pm, Tuesday, 18th March
Cakes Clay modelling: 1.30-4.00pm, Wednesday, 19th March
And please note the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries that do not fulfill the requirements stated will be disqualified without notice.
- The child has to be 5 years and above, based on the month and year of birth.
- No repeat winners are allowed.
- Winners will be notified by email, through the email address provided.
- Winners must confirm by reply email or phone call, within three days. Otherwise, a new winner will be picked.
- No changing of date or time is allowed.
- This giveaway is open to Singapore residents only.
Read my review of HeART Studio as well as the development of my girl’s art progress at HeART through the regular classes as well as the holiday programmes.
- HeART Studio review
- Progress at HeART Studio (I) – includes artworks during regular classes as well as a Peranakan piece for the newly refurbished Village Hotel, Katong
- The most astounding macaw ever (done during Sept’13 holiday class)
- Progress at HeART Studio (II) – includes artworks during regular classes as well as December holiday classes
- Adult canvas class review @ HeART Studio
HeART Studio1 Charlton lane #01-04
Singapore 539631 6554 7563
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too.