There are those days when you know it’s just too hot to get out of the house to get something to eat but you still have to eat something and with this haze around and set to stay for a couple more months, I thought I’d share this easy chicken wrap that I made recently since we might be staying home more often. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner you’re trying to fix, this easy chicken wrap will be ready in no time at all!
Here’s the recipe for 1 adult (2 wraps) and you can go modify and double or triple the amount, depending on how many people you intend to feed. 🙂 Just in case you need to know, these aren’t suitable for young kids who haven’t had their molars come in yet (like my boy!) as there’s just too much for those little teeth to handle!
- 60g chicken fillet, diced
- 30g red pepper, diced
- 20g white button mushroom, diced
- 20g white/yellow onion, diced finely
- 30g lettuce of choice, rinsed and spun dry
- 2-3 tablespoons pasta sauce
- 2 wraps
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter/ olive oil
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken marinade
- ½ teaspoon oyster sauce
- a couple of dashes of ground black pepper
- Clean and marinate the chicken fillet and set aside. This can be done the night before.
- Heat the butter/ oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and fry for a couple of minutes before adding in the mushrooms.
- Stir fry for about a minute and add in the red pepper and chicken.
- When chicken is almost done, add in the pasta sauce and a pinch of sugar to reduce the tartness of the sauce.
- Heat the wrap, one at a time, in the microwave for 10 seconds on high.
- Arrange half the amount of lettuce on one of the wraps and scoop half the amount of the cooked ingredients on it. Top with mixed herbs if desired.
- Proceed to complete the wrap. Repeat for the other wrap.
- Slice in half before serving.
Click the link for a complete list of one-dish meals (with thumbnails) on the blog.
Linking up with:
If you like this post, please hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following my newly set up social media accounts – Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. 🙂