Earlier in one of my posts, I mentioned that I have the honour of being a NTUC U Family Blog Champion this year to promote the building of strong and happy families in Singapore.
As a U family member, you can look forward to family bonding events, networking lunches for like-minded working parents and interest group get-togethers. U Family makes networking accessible, parenting information available and most importantly, family activities affordable. After all, what binds the family together best is an activity that the whole family can take part in.
Now I know you’re thinking that you hate crowds and don’t need to attend events to bond as a family?
Well, I’d say you are half right (and by the way, I used to think just like you!).
It’s true that you don’t need to attend mega events to bond as a family. But if you are usually strapped for time and don’t have time to think of fun activities to do as a family or you are simply tired of bringing your children to the same old playground – going to the shopping centre together hardly counts as a bonding activity by the way, you may want to re-think how you feel about attending mega events.
My hubby and I are hardly crowd-lovers and we were apprehensive about having to attend a mega event but NTUC U Family’s U Picnic at the Marina Barrage has changed our impression of such events. Not only did we have the usual fun of a picnic, we managed to soak in the wonderful atmosphere of family warmth that evening, watching many other families enjoying themselves too at the event. And the event venue was so well chosen, we hardly felt that there was a crowd despite the fact that there were thousands of people there that day!
We had so much fun at the picnic that we’ll be attending the U family’s Mega Dance too!
Date : 24 Nov 2012
Time : 7:00 PM
Venue : The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore
So you say you are still not convinced. I say, why not just sign up as a U family member first? After all sign up’s free (and it even comes with a free gift till 31/12/12, yippee!) and you can just wait for an event that interests you!
And now here’s the deal that you’ve been waiting for!
Win yourself a $30 NTUC voucher today!
1. Like Simply Mommie’s Facebook page (if you haven’t already done so).
2. Share this post on Facebook and tag Simply Mommie (for those unsure how to share the post: there’s a row of social media icons at the bottom of the post, click the facebook icon. Still lost? Simply copy this blog post’s url and paste it in your Facebook status update box!)
3. Join U Family for free, and receive updates on latest events and promotions for families. A welcome gift awaits all sign-ups till 31 December 2012. (Edited 17/10/12: If you are currently a U Family member but would like to take part in this giveaway, please use a family member’s name for the registration instead as this is only for new sign-ups.)
4. Leave a comment on this blog post with your email address (do this if you want to be contacted should you win!). Those without any Google accounts may email me at email@example.com. Please use the same email address used for registration for U Family for verification.
More good news!
If there are more than 20 participating entries, ONE more $30 NTUC voucher will be given out! That makes a total of TWO vouchers to be won! Share the good news with your friends today!
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway runs from 15 October – 21 October (2359hrs) and is open to readers of Simply Mommie who are residing in Singapore only.
- This is sponsored and managed by U Family and its representing agency Dice Studio LLP.
- Winners will be announced on 24 October on Simply Mommie’s Facebook page and contacted via email.
- All decisions made are final.
- U Family and Dice Studio LLP reserve the right to change the contents and the terms & conditions of the giveaway without prior notice.
If you like this post, please hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following my newly set up social media accounts – Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. 🙂