Here’s a simple recipe to share that will make both mummy and kid happy!
And the verdict!:
My little boy had one of these too (he’s almost 1!) – but I had to cut the wrap into really small pieces for him to handle.
Omit all the seasonings for children under 1 year old. The chicken and cabbage are naturally sweet so there is no need to add seasoning. 🙂
- 1 cabbage leaf (depending on the size of your cabbage, you may only need half a leaf for one of these minis)
- 1 thumb-length piece of chicken fillet (you may mince this but I didn't)
- oyster sauce
- Lee Kum Kee chicken marinade
- ground black pepper
- sugar (optional)
- sesame oil
- Marinate chicken fillet for at least an hour.
- Wash and blanch cabbage leaf in boiling stock or water to make it easier to wrap the chicken (about 5 minutes)
- Spread cabbage leaf out on a plate and place chicken fillet on it. Wrap the chicken fillet up as you would with a springroll.
- Place the wrapped chicken on a plate and steam it for 10minutes.
- Optional: Pour the 'juice' that is in the plate after the steaming into a small saucepan (top up with more stock if necessary), add cornflour solution (mixture of cornflour and water) to thicken into a gravy. Dish gravy over the wrap.
If you like this post, please hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following my newly set up social media accounts – Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. 🙂