Right, as the name suggests, this pasta sauce is gonna be real easy to prepare. Heck, I even used a jar of pasta sauce for it – I did say it’s a cheater’s pasta sauce recipe!
So what I did was merely to make the sauce taste even better, and I must say this was so convenient and definitely more time-saving than my other pasta sauces done from scratch.
Here’s the recipe:
- 200g minced beef
- 1 small yellow onion (slice)
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ Knorr beef stock cube (dissolve in a bowl of hot water)
- plain flour
- 1 bottle of ready-made pasta sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- mushrooms of your choice (optional)
- oyster sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Marinate beef prior to cooking.
- Add oil to the saucepan and brown the beef. Remove when done.
- Add oil and sweat the onions. Add the bay leaves, beef stock, mushrooms (if adding) and return the browned beef to the saucepan. Let it simmer till it's not too watery.
- Add the pasta sauce and plain flour (and sugar).
- Toss cooked pasta in the sauce and dinner's done!
Btw, my fussypot loved the sauce! 🙂