After Alicia showed signs of getting sick of her usual baked cod, I decided to add something new to her menu – something which my hubby has been stopping me from adding since a long time ago: breaded cod. 😛 He’s always saying that it’s too heaty etc. and since she was very young back then, I also thought it wise to keep fried food to a minimum. Now that she’s reached the 30months mark this month, I felt that it was time. 🙂
I didn’t photograph the homemade fish fingers, but here’s Alicia eating it on one occasion (scroll down for recipe):
Picking the crumbs to eat first…
- 1 slice of cod (about 60g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs (probably about 2 tbsp - I didn't measure)
- a teeny weeny pinch of salt
- a little ground white pepper
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the salt and pepper evenly.
- Place the slice of cod into the beaten egg, then coat it with cornflour.
- Return the cod into the egg then coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Add some oil into a non-stick pan and shallow fry the fish finger till golden brown before turning over to brown the other side.
- Place the fish on a sheet of kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- Let it cool before serving to prevent burns.
- (You can fry an omelette for yourself/ your tot with the remaining egg.)
1 beaten egg can be used to coat 8-10 fish fingers.