I haven’t blogged in a long long while! Been so busy catching up on spending quality family time since hubby’s not working recently… i actually cooked this dessert a long long time ago – those who have seen this photo on my personal facebook account would find this familiar! 😛
Anyway, it’s a really convenient dessert and in my opinion rather nutritious. If you are a calorie watcher then you may want to give this a miss… hee.
- 4 frozen glutinous rice balls (do not defrost prior to cooking)
- 1 packet of Super's Organic Soy Bean drink
- 2 tsp of any brand of almond powder
- 1 cup of water (240ml)
- 600ml to boil the glutinous rice balls
- Set the water to boil in a pot. When it boils, add the glutinous rice balls. Rice balls are cooked when they float in the water.
- While waiting for the rice balls to cook, pour the satchet of soy bean powder into ¼ cup of room temperature water.
- Make sure that the soy bean powder is dissolved well and there are no lumps (I usually make my drink by shaking it in one of my containers meant for making drinks).
- Add the almond powder and mix well again.
- Add hot water to make the drink hot. (I usually don't heat my soy bean on the stove as nutrients are lost by overheating it). Transfer to a bowl and add the cooked tang yuan.
It can’t get any simpler, can it? 😛
Click to return to the Recipes menu.