Herbal tea (to combat the HAZE)
I hopped by ZTP on Saturday to pick up some chinese herbs and I asked the shop assistant for recommendations for drinks for combating the bad weather. The above packet (contains more than 10 types of herbs) is what I bought and it’s going for only $2 and the current promotion is “buy 2 get 1 free”. Naturally, I bought 2 packs. 😛
It’s really a simple drink to make and it tastes quite nice too. Not the bitter type of liang cha, in case you’re wondering. 🙂
- 1 packet of herbs (as above)
- black sugar to taste (available at TCM halls)
- 2-3L water
- Simply wash the herbs thoroughly – most of it looks like grass
- Place the herbs in 2-3L of water, bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for 30min.
- Add black sugar to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled.
My little darling drank one cup too… so glad that she drank it… hehe. Anyway, don’t give too much to a toddler in case it’s too ‘cooling’, but in general, this drink is suitable for both young and old! 🙂