My mother-in-law bought some purple roses (country of origin: France) and apple flowers from a medical hall in Chinatown and she brought some for us today.
After reading up on these flowers, here’s what I have gathered:
Health benefits of consuming purple rose tea:
- the roses are rich in vitamin A, B, C, E, K and tannic acid
- calms and relieves stress
- eliminates fatigue
- promotes blood circulation
- aids in detox
- it’s great for the skin (anti-wrinkle!)
- leads to general good health
Regular consumption of purple rose tea will regulate menstruation and lead to rosy, radiant skin.
Apple flowers with purple roses make a great combination and they have great health benefits as well:
- prevents hypertension
- nourishes the blood (
- relieves neuralgia (
- whitens skin
- alleviates depression
Regular consumption of apple flower tea can solve acne problems and alleviate menstrual cramps.
Such a nourishing drink for the body yet so easy to make!
- 1 handful of purple roses and apple flowers (mixed 1:1)
- 1.5L water
- Rinse the flowers with room temperature water.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot.
- Turn off the heat and place the flowers into the water.
- Let it steep for 10min or longer before consuming.
Click the link for the complete list of drink recipes (with thumbnails) on the blog.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂