Mini Cottage Pies for the tot!
How would you like some of these?
They aren’t baked yet though… but don’t they look nice?
I decided to bake mini cottage pies for Alicia the other day, but using minced chicken in place of minced beef since I didn’t have beef on hand. And just in case you’re wondering, the potato I used was a purple one hence the violet hue instead of the usual yellow. 🙂 Hubby actually thought it was yam… lol.
Check out Alicia’s response:
Help me with it daddy!
Still waiting for it to cool…
hmmm… what does it taste like…
mmmm… not bad…
Fresh out from the oven!
Mini Cottage Pies for the tot
Waiting to be baked…
Makes 10 mini pies
- 1 red potato
- 1 purple potato
- 3 tablespoons minced chicken fillet
- 1/3 yellow onion (minced)
- 1/2 small carrot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons frozen green peas
- unsalted all-purpose herbs
- unsalted butter
Marinate chicken with:
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1-2tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of black pepper
- Marinate minced chicken.
- Peel potatoes and cube them. Boil them till they are soft.
- Mash the potatoes with about 1 tablespoon butter and a pinch of salt.
- Heat wok and melt butter.
- Fry the minced onion and carrot till onion is soft.
- Add the minced chicken. Continue frying so that the chicken doesn’t clump together.
- Add the peas when chicken is almost cooked.
- Dish up the filling.
- Fill the silicon mini muffin cups with the filling to about the half-way mark.
- Add the mashed potato on top.
- Preheat oven to 200degC.
- Bake mini pies for 20-25min at 200degC.
These mini pies can be frozen and defrosted in the fridge.
Because of the mini size, these can serve well as snacks or even breakfast. Just give more for lunch or dinner! 🙂
Alicia’s response in the beginning was lukewarm and almost disheartening but after serving these little pies to her a few times, she started to warm up to them and eats well now! 🙂