Homemade pasta sauce (version II)
I slow-cooked the pasta sauce this time and it was really marvellous! So convenient to make and so delish! For the previous recipe, click here
Even Alicia loved the sauce… you can be sure that if Alicia likes something, it’s gotta be good though the converse isn’t true… LOL.
Homemade pasta sauce (Version II)
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 cans Hunt’s stewed tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- about 200g minced beef
- 4 white button mushrooms
- 4 Swiss brown mushrooms
- unsalted butter
Marinate minced beef with:
- worcestershire sauce
- oyster sauce
- hua diao jiu
- dashes of ground black pepper
- Blend the stewed tomatoes with the onion and garlic.
- Pour mixture into the crockpot.
- Remove stalk of mushrooms and chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat wok and melt butter.
- Brown the minced beef.
- Add the mushrooms and beef to the crockpot.
- Cook on HI for 3-4hours or LOW for 6-8hours.
- Pour over cooked pasta of choice and serve hot.
Optional: Transfer to stovetop after cooking with the crockpot if the sauce is too watery. Simmer till sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
Freeze in batches for instant hearty meals! 🙂