I went to the TCM doctor with hubby the other day and the doc recommended that he should drink some ‘cooling’ drink every day or every other day to relief his ‘heatiness’ and he suggested that I make this ginseng roots drink for hubby.
- 1-2 handfuls of ginseng roots (洋参须) - the more you use, the more bitter the drink will be, adjust according to preference
- 1.5L water
- a pinch of salt
- Rinse the ginseng roots and place them in the pot of water.
- Bring to a boil then turn off the heat. Add a pinch of salt.
- Leave to steep (covered) for 30min.
- Wait till the drink is cool before serving otherwise it will lose the 'cooling' effect.
Click the link for the complete list of drink recipes (with thumbnails) on the blog.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂