For the past two days, Alicia has been having one meal of sweet potato porridge cooked with my modified si shen soup. It’s sooooo sweet and fragrant, and most importantly, oozing with nutrition! 😀
Guess what Alicia does when she sees her sweet potato porridge?
She picks out all the sweet potato to eat first… leaving behind the porridge. But after tasting the first mouth of porridge and realising that it’s yummy, it becomes easier to feed after that… note: easier compared to usual; doesn’t mean it’s easy per se.
And so, she has this porridge with either pan-seared/baked cod fillet or baked/braised chicken and it’s a balanced meal already. Hehehe. For those who have children who don’t mind minced chicken or pork in the porridge, by all means add that in!
- 2 tablespoons brown rice grains
- 200ml modified si shen soup
- 2 tablespoons Japanese yellow sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- Wash the brown rice grains till water runs clear.
- Steam the cubed yellow sweet potato for about 5min to release the flavour and aroma.
- Place the grains into the soup in the slow cooker's earthen inner pot and bring the soup to a boil on the stove (I'm using a mini crock pot).
- Place the earthen pot back into the slowcooker's outer pot, add the steamed sweet potato cubes and cook for slightly past an hour.
- Dish and serve.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂