If you haven’t got much in the pantry, this easy steamed egg is certainly a dish you can try. Simple, light, and easy to make! And because the light soy sauce is added only after the dish is cooked, you can tailor how much or how little you’d like it to be.
- 2 eggs
- 200ml stock
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
- 2 shallots (slice thinly)
- ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Beat the eggs and mix them together with the stock.
- Add ground white pepper.
- Sieve the egg mixture twice to get a smooth fluid.
- Cover the egg mixture with food-grade cling wrap then steam the egg mixture on high heat for10 minutes.
- Heat some oil and fry the shallots.
- Pour a little light soy sauce, the shallot oil and shallots over the steamed egg.
- Sprinkle the scallions over the dish.
See, told you it was easy!
Related egg recipes:
View the full list of egg-related recipes in the Egg dishes index on the blog.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂