She hasn’t had macaroni for months since the last time she rejected it so here I am, trying my luck again.
Unfortunately, it seems I’m out of luck because someone still doesn’t like macaroni, so she only ate the chicken stew readily but left all the macaroni behind. It’s a really tasty dish but I guess she just doesn’t like macaroni so I ended up having to cook spaghetti for her…
Anyway, here she is, sampling her food:
- 2-3T chicken fillet meat (or thigh)
- 1/3 large carrot
- 2 baby corn
- 2T yellow onion
- 100ml stock
- 1T chicken marinade
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1tsp oyster sauce
- Cut the carrot, baby corn and onion into chunks for toddler.
- Place the veggies into the slow cooker and place the chicken (including any leftover marinade) on top.
- Add the stock.
- Cook the stew in the small slow cooker for 2-3hours.
- Thicken with cornflour solution if needed. You can add noodles instead of thickening the stew – just as flavourful! 😀
- Serve with rice, porridge or your choice of pasta.