This was extremely scrumptious! Even my picky Alicia wolved up two pieces of salmon though she’s not a fan of salmon at all. And as she ate every mouth of it, she kept ‘talking’ to me super expressively, as if trying to tell me to cook this more often for her… super cute. lol. I asked her, ‘Are you trying to tell mummy to cook this more often?’ and she nodded her head and continued with her baby talk. 😀
Teriyaki salmon recipe
- 340g salmon, skin removed
- 2 bunches scallions (slice finely)
- 2T cooking sake
- 4T mirin
- 1.5T light soy sauce
- 2T brown sugar
- Rinse the slab of salmon, pat dry with kitchen towel and cut into chunks.
- Marinate the salmon chunks in the teriyaki sauce for at least ½ hour.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and sear the salmon chunks, reserve the rest of the teriyaki sauce. The surface of the salmon should turn brownish before you flip it over to the other side for browning. Because the salmon was soaked in the teriyaki marinade, it will brown quite quickly.
- Once both sides of the salmon are done, remove them from the pan and place on a plate.
- In a small saucepan, bring the rest of the teriyaki sauce to a boil. By the process of reduction, simmer the teriyaki sauce till it becomes thick.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salmon.
- Garnish with finely sliced green onion.
- Updated: You may grill the marinated salmon in an Airfryer - 180degC for 10min. While the salmon is grilled in the Airfryer, prepare the sauce.