Stir-fried baby asparagus
This dish is simple to cook and the cooking instructions are basically the same as my other veggie stir-fries… quite a no-brainer.. 😀
Nowadays I don’t have much time to blog in greater detail about my cooking coz Alicia’s taking up a lot of my free time by stretching her eating hours (and hence my feeding hours…)… 🙁
Hence I’ve gotta cut the long story short and get to the point!
- 1 bunch of baby asparagus (cut into three sections)
- a few prawns – remove shell but keep tail intact, devein
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- fish sauce to taste
Marinate prawns with:
- a bit of hua diao jiu
- a dash of ground black pepper
- Heat some oil in a wok. Add the garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add the prawns and fry till 70% cooked. Remove from wok.
- Add the baby asparagus and fry till nearly cooked. Add a little water if necessary.
- Place the prawns back into the wok and fry till both prawns and asparagus are cooked.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
For toddler’s consumption:
- Cut baby asparagus into less than 1cm length and allow child to self-feed.
- The part near the ‘spear’ of the asparagus is the most tender so you can opt to give that to your tot.