Pardon my first attempt at baking brownies. I’m quite aware that my brownie ain’t the prettiest or the tastiest that you’ve ever seen or eaten (not that you got a chance to do so :D). Anyway, I’m quite a novice in baking cakes and such, so I’m constantly picking up learning points each time. In any case, the brownie was nice enough for my hubby (he’s not the type that would lavish me with praises if I didn’t deserve them) though I thought it could have been fudgier.
- 8 tablespoons white sugar
- 120ml melted unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup walnut halves (I didn't add these as I'm allergic to tree nuts but I just left this ingredient here as an option to those who aren't allergic to nuts)
- Combine melted butter, vanilla, beaten eggs and sugar.
- Sift in the cocoa powder.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Sift in this mixture last.
- Mix the ingredients together (but don't overmix the batter or you'd get hole-y brownies like mine) and pour batter into the cake tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180degC.
- Bake the brownie 25-30min (I baked it for 25min) or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and let brownie cool on wire rack before removing or cutting the brownie.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream on the side (which I didn't have this time!)
Have a go at these recipes:
|The easiest blueberry muffins||Banana chocolate chip muffin||Lemon Poppy Seed cupcakes (with Christmas decorations)|