Onion and Broccoli stock
This is the latest stock for Alicia’s porridge. I felt that she didn’t quite like the cabbage stock (although there wasn’t any outright rejection) so I decided to boil something else this time – hopefully she likes it. With nothing much on hand, I worked with what was in the pantry: two yellow onions with two broccoli stems which I had kept to throw in together with the next batch of stock – of coz all these to be boiled together with the usual stock base of chicken bones/ carcass and pork ribs.
Onion and Broccoli Stock
- 2 big yellow onions (peeled and sliced)
- 2 broccoli stems (remove any blemishes and just trim the bottom)
- 1 chicken carcass
- 250g pork ribs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 soup pot water
- Blanch pork ribs and chicken carcass.
- Bring the pork ribs, chicken carcass and garlic to a boil in a soup pot of water.
- When the water comes to a boil, put in the yellow onions and broccoli stems.
- Simmer for a few hours.
- Sieve the stock and pack into small portions for freezing.
This entry was posted in Food for kids
. Bookmark the permalink