Unless you hate garlic, I’m pretty sure you’d love garlic bread. And if you make your own, you’ll never head out to buy those frozen ones again. I guarantee. It’s so easy and so much tastier. I like mine cut in strips. Then I’ll dip them in my chicken stew/ beef stew/ Western soups. Mmmph. Heavenly.
UPDATE (2014): Even my kids love it!
Easy Garlic Bread Sticks
- 2 slices of plain bread
- 30g garlic (sliced/ minced)
- 30g unsalted butter (I used Lurpak)
- Cut the bread into 1- 1.5cm strips.
- Melt the butter and saute the garlic in it (the smell is HEAVENLY). Do not brown the garlic as it becomes bitter.
- Toss the bread strips in and coat them with the garlic butter on one side.
- Arrange the bread strips and toast them in the oven for about 4 minutes.
- Leave them in the oven if you prefer totally crispy sticks (we LOVE this). If you prefer them to be soft, take them out immediately after 4 minutes. Toasting them for only 4 minutes prevents the garlic and bread from burning and yet I can still achieve really crispy garlic bread sticks!
- UPDATED: If using an Airfryer, arrange the bread sticks in the Airfryer basket. Place a steaming stand on top of them to prevent flying and burning. Fry at 180degC for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve bread sticks with soup/ stew (or you can eat it on its own! - YUM!).
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂