I’m definitely not a lover of squid, but my hubby is. So I cook this every now and then for him, but to be honest, I’ve never tasted it, not even the sauce. He claims it’s nice so I just take his word for it. 🙂
- 1 small squid (cost me $1.50 at the wet market)
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- a dash of dried basil leaves
- a dash of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Clean the squid and remove the inerts.
- Marinate the squid with the seasoning (I usually do it overnight).
- Preheat oven to 200degC.
- Bake squid at 200degC for 10min. Reserve leftover marinade.
- Turn squid over, pour the marinade over it and bake at 200degC for a further 10min.
- Take the squid out. Place the squid on a plate and pour the sauce into a small saucepan.
- Add cornflour solution to thicken the sauce then pour it over the squid.
- Serve hot.