Here’s another food adventure with Alicia – stewed ee-fu noodles!
This is an ultra-easy and convenient one-dish meal gave Alicia a bowl of it. Since it was her first encounter with ee fu noodles, I think she was trying to get used to the taste and texture so I didn’t really have high hopes that the whole bowl would be finished. As long as she ate some, that’s already an achievement. 🙂
Update in 2014: She LOVES stewed ee-fu noodles! 😀 What a difference a couple of years make!
- 2 pieces ee fu noodles (100g)
- 1 medium sized carrot (julienned)
- 1 pack leafy vegetables (I used 200g xiao bai cai)
- 4 big shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 100g fishcake, sliced (see note)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 shallots (sliced thinly)
- 1.5-2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- a couple of dashes of ground white pepper
- Heat oil in wok and fry the shallots till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Leave the shallot oil in the wok and fry the garlic till fragrant.
- Add shredded carrot.
- Add the leafy vegetables, mushroom and ee fu noodles. Let the ee fu noodles stew together for the rest of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add a little water/ stock if it gets too dry; otherwise, just let it be. Add the fishcake.
- Flavour with seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
- Dish and top with fried shallots just before serving.
For a complete list of one-dish meals (with thumbnails) on the blog, please click the link.
If you enjoyed this post, please share your thoughts in the comments or share the post with your friends by clicking on the social media buttons below. Do hop over to my Facebook page where I connect with my readers and I would love to have you following me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram too 🙂